Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hello All

This is my first blog in what I hope to be many (assuming anybody cares and wishes to follow along). I decided to start a blog because politics is a passion to me, and America is truly an amazign place. I love this country with all my heart, and what I cant stand is the way that politicians screw it up. I have traveled down both party lines in my life, but over the last 4 years or so I have come to be considered a Conservative. I like that label. I do not fancy myself much as a republican and there are many things that democrats do that upset me. However, MOST things liberals do piss me off! I have been fighting battles individually with people for months now, and I have finally decided that its time I take to the internet and jot my feelings down.

In todays America we aren't given the truth; we are given a version of the truth to the highest bidder. Whether it is Rush Limbaugh with the power of the radio waves or the likes of CNN, MSNBC, or any local newspaper; all have their version of the truth. And the funny thing is, it is always someone elses's fault. Our system is based on a 2 party system - that means that two groups should be sharing blame for problems rather than both always trying to prove it was the others fault! One thing that has really upset me lately has come in the form of the hearings for Sotomayor. I have read hundreds of comments on blogs, newspapers, etc and it is always the same thing: conservatives saying why she doesn't belong there and liberals screaming racism and bigotry. When are we as a nation going to wise up and realize we are Americans who remember and honor our past (when appropriate) but there is no need to use it as fuel for a never-ending fire today?

I think that whomever reads this blog will find it both entertaining and insightful while at the same time frustrating and verbose. I believe that our current problems are just as much to blame on the decades of a republican-free senate and house (ish) as well as the last few decades of republican leadership. The problem is everybody is pointing fingers at who is to blame rather than figure out a positive solution. America is only as great as her people will allow her to be. And until we realize this, we will continue to be droned out by the mind numbing rhetoric spewing from so many people's mouths, all clammoring for something different with one common agenda: We are right at all costs.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

We as Americans used to believe this. Its right time we get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment