Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not racism - its the issues

I said in my post a little bit ago that I would be writing shorter posts. Well, this is not one of them. As I said in the first blog today, I have been battling individually with people for years, especially the last few months, over politics. Well, today I had a friend who read what I have written here on my blog and other places and this was her comment to me: "I have a feeling you are sort of racist! Sotomayor=Spanish & woman; Obama = Black! Well America had tons of presidents before. I'm sure two thirds were worse than Obama. Why do you think Obama is the worst thing America has ever had? If you tell me he is really the ''worst" president, then I really think you are racist. And that's just my opinion. * You told me Obama is the worst thing America has ever had (from our last conversation)."

The following is my response. It is lengthy, but it is somewhat of an articulation of how I feel when people question my reasonings for disliking both President Obama as our leader and Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. It is long, but I think I finally nailed down some of my thoughts:

I will stand up and say loudly I think Obama is the worst thing that America has had in my life time and he is quickly rivaling Jimmy Carter as the worst president ever. I don’t like Sotomayor because she uses reverse discrimination in her rulings to decide who can and cannot be promoted. Whatever happened to the American dream of whoever works hard can get the job? I don’t like Sotomayor because she has been overruled by the Supreme Court in 4 of her 6 cases that have made it that far. Of the two that were upheld, one was upheld but the supreme court told her that her reasoning was completely biased and flawed. So she only has done it right 1 time in 6, and we are supposed to support her for the highest office of law in the land? I don’t like Sotomayor because she has publically said that she is excited to be in a position where she can make laws and direct the country. That is not a Justice's job- their job is to interpret the constitution. If she wants to make law, run for public office. It has nothing to do with being a woman or being Spanish. The fact that she is Spanish and Obama is black means nothing to me; I care about the country. I believe that Sotomayor is a bad candidate based off her rulings and her intentions.

I believe Obama is a horrible president. In his first 100 days he quadrupled the national debt after spending several years screaming at Bush for increasing the national debt (by a mere slice of what he has done). I don’t like how he is traveling the world apologizing for everything, saying that everything that has ever happened is America's fault. I believe that on his watch America is less safe than we have been in nearly a decade, and that America has re-entered into a "pre 9/11 mentality" thinking that we are invincible. I believe Obama believes he is above the law, and he believes the media hype surrounding him that he is "the chosen one". I don’t believe he honors the constitution or the forms of government we have, as so clearly demonstrated by the character of his tax evading cabinet. I believe that Obama has serious judgment issues of men's characters when he sits in a racist church for 20 years and claims the pastor is "like his father", and then turns around and says he had no idea that his "father" felt this way. Bull!

I believe Obama's corporate take overs and "bail outs" are nothing more than a disguise to create a bigger government with more control over its people until one day soon we are bowing down before a metaphorical "throne" and begging for whatever scraps our government will provide us. National health care is a joke! Yes, people are suffering and need help. There is no need to punish the rest of America (and the world - where does everyone look to in health care research) by de-incentivizing the medical community, resulting in less doctors, decreased value of health care, and a government who controls our everyday lives.

I think Obama knows he is on the road to this kind of power, as so aptly demonstrated when he announced to the CEO of GM that he either remove himself or Obama would remove him. OBAMA HAS NO AUTHORITY OVER THE PRIVATE SECTOR!!! I believe that he knows one day it is very possible that the government will control everything, and that he is trying to wield that type of power over the citizens right now. He will prove to be one of the worst things in our country's history. I have said it many times, but I believe that two of the biggest tragedies in American history include 9/11 and the inauguration of Obama.

But you decide for yourself. After everything I have just said, if you still believe that I honestly care about color, race, sex, etc., than nothing I ever say will change that opinion. That is what is so hard with conservatives right now - ANYTHING we do or say is labeled as racism. WE haven't changed, but the world around us has. And just because we hold on to principles handed down forever (fiscal responsibility, working for your support, the real American dream, etc) we are called bigots and racists. All that insult is is a way to cloud the real issues. As I have demonstrated I have deep issues with both Sotomayor and Obama’s policies and what they will do to this nation. Just as I had deep issues with what John McCain would do or even Sarah Palin (to an extent). Both white, one old and the other a woman. By your logic I should add “ageist” and “sexist” to my resume of “racist”.

This is about the issues, not about the backgrounds of the people causing the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment